Winter is coming. (Can you tell I'm still elbow-deep in Game of Thrones?) It's easy to fall into doldrums or...whatever you call it when you're just bummed from being inside too much. Outdoor activities, while they do exist and are awesome (like snowshoeing), kind of become less and less available or feasible as the snow piles up. And listen, I'm all for getting snowed in for a few days, but there comes a point where I start to get a little cabin fever!
So I'm starting early this year. I'm planning now all kinds of projects to keep my mind and hands busy once the temperature drops outside. On the list:
- Re-do our craft room
- Finish decorating our bedroom
- Create the ideal stockpile of stationery
- Sew reusable sandwich bags (We go through so many plastic baggies it's not even funny. I'm eyeing a tutorial from Better Homes & Gardens) and try my hand at some clothes for myself (I love this BurdaStyle blouse pattern).
- Try some new knitting patterns (I like this Purl Bee blanket and Rowan sweater. I've also asked Kristie to find a sweater pattern she likes that I can make for her!)
- Host a craft swap
- Add a couple decorating upgrades to the bathroom (How great is this Family Handyman hack?)
- Try new recipes (and more canning)
- Organize our travel mementos (a la Martha Stewart)
- Teach Samson to file his own nails like Two Little Cavaliers
- Make Anthropologie-inspired hair elastics (with a tutorial from LoveUMadly)
I plan to write plenty about a few of these projects -- especially the upgrades for our craft room and bedroom. I can't wait to have another good before-and-after, like our front porch!
What do you do to keep from going stir-crazy during the winter?